Band/artist - Stielas Storhett
Genre(s) - Black metal
Origin - Russia
Album - Vandrer...
Year of release - 2006
For the next post we stay in Russia. From Murmansk in the country's far Northwestern reaches, Stielas Storhett is spreading its venom. For its icy sound, the project's sole operator Damien T.G. has looked closely to the legendary Norse bands. The covers that prove this are fine but somehow their presence bugs me. It's not like the album needs them; T.G.'s own music is more interesting and a whole lot more varied. Besides, it has all you may need in a black metal album: the guitars are cold and razor sharp, the vocals grim, the drums fast, audibly acoustic and reasonably well-played, and the general feel barren and desolate. Vandrer... effectively showcases what true black metal is all about.
- Der letzte November (Last November)
- Gräfin Dämmerlicht (Countess Twilight)
- Schmerzerfüllter Zorn (Painfilled wrath)
- Unholy black metal (Darkthrone cover)
- Stille weiße Wildnis (Silent white wilderness)
- Ihr Königreich (Thy kingdom)
- Erblicket die Töchter des Firmaments (Burzum cover)
- Dieses Eis wird niemals schmelzen (This ice will never melt)