January 2, 2009

Alanis Morissette - MTV Unplugged


Band/artist - Alanis Morissette
Genre(s) - Singer-songwriter, pop
Origin - Canada
Album - MTV Unplugged
Year of release - 1999

I must confess I love - that is, I used to love Alanis Morissette (sorry, sorry) but MTV Unplugged is still quite dear to me because for me, there's a lot of good memories attached to this release. Her studio albums always have a few great songs but there's always too much filler, and there's usually something in the mix or the production that gets to my nerves too much to enjoy the tracks. This live set was recorded after Jagged Little Pill, which was much too dry, and Supposed Former Infatuation Junkie which had too much going on in the mix, and sees these problems fixed. In a live situation her songs sound more natural and especially Joining You and I Was Hoping, songs that did not especially stand out on SFIJ, are lifted to unpreceded heights. Another great surprise is the exclusive track No Pressure Over Cappuccino. Her old hits off JLP benefit from the production but aren't half so angry anymore which is a shame. Good stuff though!
  1. You learn
  2. Joining you
  3. No pressure over cappuccino
  4. That I would be good
  5. Head over feet
  6. Princess familiar
  7. I was hoping
  8. Ironic
  9. These R the thoughts
  10. King of pain (Sting cover)
  11. You oughta know
  12. Uninvited
Load it down

No comments:

Post a Comment