June 12, 2008

Spiritual Front - Armageddon Gigolo


Band/artist - Spiritual Front
Genre(s)
- Neofolk
Origin - Italy
Album - Armageddon Gigolo
Year of release - 2006

Despite a similar taste in decadence and depravity as Ordo Rosarius Equilibrio, with whom they have shared a split, Spiritual Front's music flows with surprising elegance. Compared to (what I heard of) the former band, SF is a good deal more melodic, resulting in an album that is simultaneously baroque and folksy. And beautiful. That's as best as I can explain it, you'll just have to hear it for yourself. Great songs include The Shining Circle, Jesus Died in Las Vegas (it's true!) and Kisses on the Mouth.
  1. Slave
  2. A bastard angel
  3. I walk the deadline
  4. The shining circle
  5. My kingdom for a horse
  6. Jesus died in Las Vegas
  7. Cruising
  8. Love through vaseline
  9. Ragged bed
  10. No kisses on the mouth
  11. Redemption or myself
Load it down

No comments:

Post a Comment