May 23, 2008

Ashdautas - Shadow Plays of Grief and Pain


Band/artist - Ashdautas
Genre(s) - Black metal
Origin - United States of America
Album - Shadow Plays of Grief and Pain
Year of release - 2005

I think I've read Ashdautas being described as a joke band once, but I don't see what's supposed to be so funny about this album. When you hear the vocalist screeching his lungs out of his ribcase you don't exactly get the feeling he's joking around. Parody or not (I really couldn't care less), Shadow Plays is a most unsettling and dilapidated slab of rawest black metal made all the more uneasy by one of the sickest, most helpless and tormented vocal performances I have heard so far and I can with some confidence say I've heard a lot (you can forget about Silencer, pronto presto). Oh, and the music's not half bad either.
  1. Intro
  2. Entourage of apathy
  3. Lightless horizon
  4. Veiled wombs... smashed like glass
  5. As the vile must digress
  6. The death of remorse
  7. And you will shed tears of scarlet
  8. Tremble as your heaven falls
  9. Eyes to a headless procession
Load it down (please keep out of reach of children and pregnant women)

No comments:

Post a Comment