December 20, 2009

Mediæval Bæbes - Mirabilis


Genre(s) - Ethereal, neo-classical
Origin - United Kingdom
Year of release - 2005
Bitrate - 320 kbps
Size - 80.91 MB

My hopes for a true winter are being fulfilled: it hasn't snowed like this for years! I've been trudging through Leiden's monumental 17th-century city centre for a few hours today and it was a more beautiful sight even than usual. Music to go well with weather (and towns) like this is swirly gothic or ethereal, and the Mediæval B
æbes deal in a very neo-classical version of it that suits the name well, as does the fact that it is an all-women band. With various acoustic and old-timey instruments like (f)lutes, harps, percussion and (I believe) all of their voices they create wonderful music that seems to be made for snowy days' candlelit evenings, and especially these days around Yuletide. I have a large and equal fondness for all the seasons; I love winter for its magical dreaminess and I have a feeling many of my posts will be reflecting this. Already a lot of the previous ones do, and of course this one too. Enjoy, if you feel the same way. :)
  1. Star of the sea
  2. Trovommi amor
  3. Temptasyon
  4. San'c fuy belha ni prezada
  5. All for the love of one
  6. The lament
  7. Musa venit carmine
  8. Kilmeny
  9. Umlahi
  10. Cittern segue
  11. Return of the birds
  12. Tam Lin
  13. Scarborough Fayre
  14. Come my sweet
  15. Mark hur var skugga
  16. The world fareth as a fantasye
  17. Away
Load it down

No comments:

Post a Comment