January 3, 2010

Black Sun Aeon - Darkness Walks beside Me


Genre(s) - Doom metal
Origin - Finland
Year of release - 2009
Bitrate - 128 kbps
Size - 39.90 MB

Black Sun Aeon are a young and hopeful new and quite melodic death-doom band and their first album definitely doesn't sound bad. They immediately reminded me of the Russian band The Morningside, who sounded more convincingly doomy and sorrowful at the first attempt than many lauded adept bands ever have. Though it could have been a bit slower and heavier, this kind of stuff is really my style, with grand, sweeping melodies in a warm tone, that succeed well in conveying the passion with which they are evidently played. Doom metal, every time you hear it it should really be a casual stroll on the path of no return. Black Sun Aeon knows this, and they are quite prepared to take you by the hand. Great effort, which leaves me wondering why this didn't end up in my list for 2009!
  1. Chapter 1 (a song for the introduction)
  2. Chapter 2 (a song for my wrath)
  3. Chapter 3 (a song for my demise)
  4. Chapter 4 (a song for my sorrow)
  5. Chapter 5 (a song for my weakness)
  6. Chapter 6 (a song for this winter)
  7. Chapter 7 (a song for my illness)
  8. Chapter 8 (a song for my funeral)
  9. Chapter 9 (a song for the one who passed away 4.9.2008)
Load it down

No comments:

Post a Comment