August 7, 2009

Placebo - Soulmates Never Die (live in Paris)


Genre(s) - Alternative rock
Origin - United Kingdom
Year of release - 2004
Bitrate - 128 kbps
Size - 130 MB

Soulmates Never Die is a concert registration released on DVD but I found an mp3 version of it, which I had to split up into two files because of its length. It's a vibrant liveshow that got me in love with a good deal of the songs even though I'm not familiar with most of their studio works. Placebo's electronica-influenced alternative rock, with its slight melancholic under- and overtones, is right up my alley. It's not the whiny-ass teen angst music you might expect (I know I did). In their concise songs they don't neglect the rock aspect and a lot of 'em, starting simple, gain more and more momentum as they go by. Plentiful guitar, keyboard and vocal hooks, and a strong chorus in most of the tracks, are given an extra shinin' by the live show's energy and especially the tandem of Bitter End and Soulmate gave me goosebumps (not that dopefiend-anthem Special K or the Frenchified version of Protect Me aren't worth the mention). Just great modern rock with a heart.
  1. Intro
  2. Bulletproof cupid
  3. Allergic (to thoughts of Morther Earth)
  4. Every you every me
  5. Bionic
  6. Protège moi
  7. Plasticine
  8. Bitter end
  9. Soulmates
  10. Black-eyed
  11. I'll be yours
  12. Special needs
  13. English summer rain
  14. Without you I'm nothing
  15. This picture
  16. Special K
  17. Taste in men
  18. Slave to the wage
  19. Peeping Tom
  20. Pure morning
  21. Centerfolds
  22. Where is my mind? (Pixies cover; with Francis Black)
Part 1: Load it down (60.21 MB)
Part 2: Load it down (70.29 MB)

No comments:

Post a Comment