April 14, 2010

My Dying Bride - Turn Loose the Swans


Genre(s) - Doom metal
Origin - Yorkshire, United Kingdom
Year of release - 1993
Bitrate - 128 kbps
Size - 52.17 MB

Turn Loose the Swans is a doom metal mammoth of frightening dimensions and an immense influence on the then-youthful death-doom subgenre in metal. Its makers, the institution that is My Dying Bride, are rightfully revered as pioneers and contemporary masters in bringing an edge of tragic elegance and emotional indulgence into the usually so stone-faced world of metal. This beast here is slow, really quite slow, as it should be. It does not stalk; it shakes the earth in its weight, yet still in graceful stride. This is not impossible if you have a
violinist like Martin Powell, or a singer like Aaron Stainthorpe. Aaron who, in addition to his dejected, gracefallen clean voice, can lay down the deathgrunts damn well. This is an album to be experienced, song by solemn song.

More by this band: here and here.
  1. Sear me MCMXCIII
  2. Your river
  3. The songless bird
  4. The snow in my hand
  5. The crown of sympathy
  6. Turn loose the swans
  7. Black god
Load it down

1 comment:

  1. Hi, I'm a composer of dark cinematic and metal music, and I'm hoping to get involved with blogs and other ways of getting noticed in the underground community. Have a listen to my music here:

    www.martinemes.com/music.html

    I hope you enjoy it.

    Martin

    ReplyDelete